Just like your other big investments, your pool requires regular maintenance to keep it working properly. It involves more than just cleaning debris or adding swimming pool chemicals. Relying on professional pool service providers actually saves you more time and money. It’ll also ensure a thorough job and long-lasting results.
There are lots of factors to consider in keeping your pool clean like temperature, clarity and pH balance. Keeping it in excellent condition will increase your home’s value and is good for your physical and mental health.
Here are some top indicators that it’s time to call the professionals.
6 factors to consider when calling pool service.
- Algae growth. Algae growth is common when it comes to swimming pools. It can be avoided through the use of chemicals and regular cleaning. If there are too much algae and the pool is turning green, it’s time to call pool service professionals like Clark County Pool & Lawn. To destroy contaminants like bacteria and algae, pool shocking is done by adding chlorine to maintain proper pH levels of between 7.4 and 7.6. This will prevent your pool from cultivating algae growth that can cause damage and potential health risks.
- A broken cartridge filter. A clogged and dirty filter just requires thorough and regular cleaning. You can spray it with a hose and use it again when it’s clear. However, cracked or crushed cartridges can prevent water flow out of the tank. When this happens, it’s time for a filter replacement.
- Cloudy water. Cloudy swimming pool water can be caused by various reasons — improper chlorine levels, high calcium hardness levels or imbalanced pH. If it’s exposed to nature, you can put a screen over it. You can check the filter if it’s clogged as it can cause your pool’s cloudy appearance. You can also check your pool’s chemical levels or call for pool service to explain which chemicals are needed to maintain the overall health of your pool. They can correct the calcium hardness levels, replace the filtering agent or vacuum the pool.
- Stained pool. A stained pool can be caused by organic debris, rust or excess metal in the pool. You can have it inspected to identify if it came from leaf stains, corroded copper pipes or rusted metal parts. It can be removed by lowering chlorine levels or adding a metal remover.
- Irritation after swimming. If you experience burning or irritation in your eyes or skin, it might be caused by pH imbalance or an allergic reaction to microscopic parasites. When a parasite comes into contact with your skin, it can cause rashes. Proper chlorine levels can be added to kill pool parasites.
- Calcium build-up. Calcium carbonate causes flaky scales in your pool, while calcium silicate causes white-grayish scales. Carbonate is easier to remove, but silicate could mean that there’s a leak in the pool and can be removed by adding calcium remover.
Professional and high-quality pool service
Clark County Pool & Lawn offers high-quality pool repair and maintenance services to keep your pool in proper working condition. Trust us to ensure that your pool is ready and safe for use during the summer months.
For inquiries, call us today at 702-362-8295 or fill out our online form.